The North Merrick Public Library is pleased to offer North Merrick residents the use of free museum passes, which may be borrowed and must be returned. Patrons interested in this service must agree to the following:
1. The North Merrick Public Library adult (18+) cardholders must have a library card and must be in good standing (updated, no overdue fees, no late materials).
2. Museum Passes can only be borrowed for up to three days and must be returned to the NMPL Reference Desk no later than one hour before closing.
3. Museum Passes may not be placed in the book drop or else a $10.00 fine will be added to the borrower’s record.
4. A late charge of $10.00 per day will be levied until 3 days, at which time patrons will lose this service benefit for a year.
5. Any borrower who loses a pass is responsible for the full replacement cost of that pass (see Reference Department for cost of replacement).
6. Patrons are responsible for obtaining information on museum hours of operation, parking and /or directions.
7. Passes may be reserved up to two months in advance. The person who reserved the pass must be the person who picks it up.
8. A household may not borrow the same museum pass within a 30 day period and a household may not reserve two or more passes for the same time period.
9. Please be courteous and contact the Reference Department to cancel your reservation if you cannot use the pass.
10. Each museum reserves the right to determine the rules and regulations governing the use of the museum pass.
11. The North Merrick Public Library reserves the right to limit the use of the passes by individual families in the event of abuse of the passes.